THE OTHER GATE is a narrow gate on a difficult road that leads to life. Few people are on it.
Which gate will you choose? Jesus says that you have a choice.
Enter through the narrow gate. For the gate is wide and the road is broad that leads to destruction, and there are many who go through it. How narrow is the gate and difficult the road that leads to life, and few find it. (Matthew 7:13-14)
The narrow gate is the way of Christ
- The way of Christ is NOT the most popular way
You already knew that, right? If you stand for Jesus and His Word, you will be in the minority in our culture and around the world.
- The way of Christ is NOT the easiest way
Be courageous and determined to make the right choice, even when it is not the easiest road to walk. Jesus’ road wasn’t easy to walk. Neither was the road walked by the apostle Paul. They both suffered greatly to fulfill God’s mission for their lives.
- The way of Christ IS the best way
This is the way of holiness, the way of serving others, the way of sharing Christ, the way Jesus says to go.
- The way of Christ is the only way that leads to life — abundant life and eternal life
The wide path leads to destruction. On earth, the consequences for walking on this path are damaging. Eternally, the consequences of remaining on this path are monumentally tragic — separation from God and eternal suffering in hell.
The narrow path leads to life.
Jesus said, “A thief comes only to steal and to kill and to destroy. I have come so that they may have life and have it in abundance.” (John 10:10)
Jesus told him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me. (John 14:6)
Three points of application to your life
1. If you are currently walking on the wide path, it is time to choose a new path. Trust in Jesus as your Lord and Savior today. Enter through the narrow gate (Him) and let Him change your life today.
2. Does it bother you that many of your friends and neighbors may be on the road to destruction? It should move you to tears and to action.
3. Are you on the narrow path, the way of life? If so, then live your life with joy. You may even need to tell your face: “I am a Christian! I should smile every once in a while!”