Thanks to Rando Acres, Pastor of College & 20Somethings at Hebron Church, for sharing this list of 10 Questions to Ask of a Bible Passage that you are studying. These 10 Questions will help you understand what the Bible is saying and know how to apply it to your life.
- What do you like about this passage? (What stands out to you?)
- Is there anything you don’t like or anything that makes you uncomfortable?
- Is there anything in this passage you do not understand?
- Is there a sin to avoid?
- Is there a command to obey?
- Is there a promise to claim?
- Is there an example to follow?
- What does this passage say about us?
- What does this passage say about God? (His nature, attributes, character, etc.)
- How should my life change as a result of studying this passage? How should the church change?
One thought on “10 Questions”
This is a fantastic list. Thank you for sharing. I’m so glad I found the link to your blog from HBC’s website.